Are you interested in photo rejuvenation procedures (improving skin tone, texture, reducing pore size, removing spots, improving sun damage, and the like)? Did you know that at Abington Aesthetic & Laser Medical Center, Dr. Evan Zelinger does procedures of this nature, and most are best done during the colder months?
We’ll highlight some of these treatment options below:
Fraxel Re:pair is one of the many non-invasive, non-surgical photo rejuvenation procedures that Dr. Evan Zelinger offers to patients in the greater Philadelphia area.
- It is a procedure best used for a number of skin concerns. Fraxel Re:pair effectively treats: scar removal (acne scarring & surgical scarring, but he needs to see the scars in person to determine whether or not Fraxel Re:pair will be effective in treating them), and sun damage. Fraxel Re:pair is also a good treatment option for the correction of deeper facial wrinkles, and improving skin’s overall texture.
- Fraxel Re:pair uses a high-intensity carbon dioxide laser. The high-intensity carbon dioxide laser creates multitudes of microscopic “holes” (for lack of a better word) in the skin. The body begins its natural healing process to repair the holes caused by the Fraxel Re:pair machine. As these “holes” (again, so to speak), heal, the damaged cells are replaced with healthy cells that create glowing, improved skin!
If you are interested in a less drastic version of Fraxel Re:pair (as Fraxel does involve a decent amount of downtime), you may be interested in Clear + Brilliant.
- Dr. Evan Zelinger uses the non-surgical, non-invasive Clear + Brilliant treatment as an option for those wanting overall improvement of tone, texture, sun damage, pore size, and fine lines – but do not want to commit to the downtime of other treatment options. Clear + Brilliant is also a great treatment option for those who are not suffering from issues that have progressed to a severe degree.
- Clear + Brilliant has two different treatment options: there is Clear + Brilliant Permea & Clear + Brilliant Original. Clear + Brilliant Permea is better suited for the improvement of skin tone & sun damage. Clear + Brilliant Original is better suited for the improvement of texture.
- The Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It is not incredibly painful, but can be uncomfortable (very hot). If a patient is concerned about the level of pain, Dr. Evan Zelinger can apply a numbing cream to the area being treated.
- Perhaps, one of the largest upsides to the Clear + Brilliant treatment is that it boasts almost no downtime. Patients will be red (almost like a sunburn or mild windburn) for 1-3 days, and mild swelling may occur 1-2 days after treatment. These things tend to resolve themselves within a few days. The complete result from Clear + Brilliant takes time, but improvement is visible almost right away.
Moving away from Fraxel Re:pair & Clear + Brilliant treatments, the next on the list would be the Pixel treatment.
- Dr. Evan Zelinger provides a treatment option called Pixel for patients looking to resolve: sun damage issues, evening out skin tone/texture, reduction in the size of pores, and acne scars. Along with this bevy of issues Pixel can help with, it can also assist in the arena of pigmentation issues.
- Pixel is non-surgical, and non-invasive. The Pixel procedure yields minimal discomfort for patients, and almost no downtime.
If you are one of the many people struggling with brown spot removal, dark spot removal, sun damage removal, and the like, the Alexandrite treatment might be just the ticket for you.
- Often, at Abington Aesthetic & Laser Medical Center, we refer to the Alexandrite treatment as an “Alex facial”. However, it can be used on the face, neck, and chest.
- This non-surgical, non-invasive treatment for the removal of brown spots has seen great success at our office. In a fairly quick treatment, Dr. Evan Zelinger will alternate between cool air (to help diminish the amount of discomfort felt during treatment) and hitting the unwanted spots with zaps from the Alexandrite machine.
- After treatment, all treated spots will look darker, begin to get crusty, and slough off after 1-3 weeks (depending on the area).
IPL is the non-surgical, non-invasive treatment Dr. Evan Zelinger uses to assuage other color issues (IE: skin redness, rosacea, dark spots).
- IPL stands for “intense pulsed light”. IPL is an ideal treatment for things like rosacea, redness, and dark spots. That being said, IPL is also an option for the treatment of things like reducing the appearance of fine lines, minimizing the appearance of pores, and to even out skin tone/texture. It should also be noted that IPL has become a possible treatment option for acne. Beyond these skin concerns, IPL also stimulates the growth of collagen – therefore, it can be helpful for fine line & wrinkle treatments.
Lastly, there is Plasma Resurfacing.
- Plasma Resurfacing, or, simply, “Plasma” treatment is non-surgical, and non-invasive. It is one of the more intensive treatments that Dr. Evan Zelinger offers. It is a great treatment for brown spots, acne, and severe wrinkling.
- The Plasma Resurfacing treatment is high energy and yields dramatic results. After treatment, patients can expect 2-3 weeks of downtime. The treated areas will scab, peel, and eventually reveal a fresher, more youthful quality of skin.
All of these non-invasive, non-surgical procedures are best done in the colder months (for varying reasons). That being said, they can all be done almost any time of year (unless you have a sun/spray tan). If you’re interested in discussing any of these procedures, or finding out which ones might be right for you, give the office a call & schedule a FREE consultation: (215) 366-1122.